Tuesday, May 27, 2008

10 Rules for a Happy Marriage

Graphic by JJ Casas

After attending my neice's baptismal meeting [I am the godfather and it is required that I attended this], the priest at St. Thomas Moore in San Francisco gave out this handout entitled "Rules for a Happy Marriage." I'm not married or anything but I thought this post would interest anyone with a relationship:

1. Never both be angry at the same time.
2. Never yell at each other unless the house is on fire.
3. Someone has to win an argument, let it be your mate.
4. If you have to criticize, do it lovingly.
5. Never bring up mistakes of the past.
6. Neglect the whole world rather than each other.
7. Never go to sleep with an argument unsettled.
8. Always give at least one compliment each day.
9. Admit your wrongs and ask for forgiveness.
10. It takes two to make a quarrel, but the one in the wrong does the most talking!


--
Never say never but hey... these are some good rules.

No comments:

Search This Blog!