Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Summer Books

books obtained during summer 2008 | photo by jj casas


While I may not have achieved some goals for summer, I did achieve expanding my book collection.

Listed from Top to Bottom and its current status:

1. Old School by Tobias Wolff [currently reading]
2. Dig Your Well Before You're Thirsty by Harvey Mackay [next up to read]
3. Broke-Ass Stuart's Guide to Living Cheaply in San Francisco [got it signed and met him in person!]
4. Frida by Frida: selections of letters and texts, notes, and notes by Raquel Tibol
5. Exposed: Confessions of a Wedding Photographer by Claire Lewis [read and had it signed!]
6. A Year in the Life of Andy Warhol - photographs by David McCabe [read]
7. Frida Kahlo by Andrea Kettenmann [read]
8. The Diary of Frida Kahlo
9. $ellebrity by George Louis
10. At First Sight: photographs and the Smithsonian
11. Our Century in Pictures for Young People by LIFE
12. American Photography by Green
13. The Essential Best Foods by Dana Jacobi [not pictured.. but did get it signed!]

Not bought during summer but finally read was Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen. A great read if you have the time. Another book I must get before his appearance at my school in University of San Francisco, is Greg Mortenson, co-author of Three Cups of Tea.

Majority are art books/coffee table books.. but more notably majority are relating to Mexican painter Frida Kahlo, my favorite artist. So far, I have 4 books on her, the one not listed here is an oversized books with detailed photographs of her various paintings.

One of these days, I'd like to have an entire wall shelved with books and you would need one of those library ladders to get a book on top. But borrowing would most likely not happen since I'm pretty anal about my books. Ask my girlfriend.



No comments:

Search This Blog!