Friday, September 26, 2008

Book Signing: Tamim Ansary, author of West of Kabul, East of New York

My girlfriend and I went to Excelsior Branch Lirbary in SF last Wednesday to attend a book discussion and signing event with author Tamim Ansary.

I have a lot of books to read and cool thing is that most of em are signed!

Tamim patiently waiting for his introduction to end so he can talk about his book.

Tamim, the first Afghan-American, writes in his memoir of what it means to be Afghan-American and the hardships of it especially post 9/11. After that event, he sent an email to 20 of his friends with his thoughts and feelings of the event and the reponses that were elicited from that tragic event. Because it was a moving email/letter, it was forwarded to others and forwarded to hundres to even thousands--not just here in US but across the seas as well. This book is an extention to that.

Cher getting her book signed.

He asked us what school we were and we replied USF but for some odd reason he kept saying [SF] State. lol :shrug:

My turn!
Well Cher... it turned out blurry but regardless, we have proof we met a cool guy [look at those yellow suspenders!]. Plus, I did pitch in my business card to him saying that it would be a cool opportunity to photograph him for a portrait.

He goes "Well... I'm busy with writing right now..."
"Well ok, if anything, do take a look at my website.. and shoot me an email if you can."
"Ok. Ok."

So we'll see. I told Cher I'm going to be the one taking the cover photo for his next book. haha So we'll see if that happens.

No comments:

Search This Blog!