Saturday, October 4, 2008

Moleskine Notebooks

If anyone knows me, I am a true advocate for Moleskine branded pocket notebooks. They're basically high quality, hardcover pocket notebooks [that really does fit in my back pocket] that have a cloth bookmark and neat little pocket in the back. They come only in black [but do have red ones.. but they were limited] and they do offer larger versions as well.

While they are black, I've taken the liberty to draw on them to make them more personal. My first one on the left is a portrait of Frida Kahlo, my favorite artist, and the one on the right which I just completed/filled up today has an iPhone drawn on the front.

I also bought a yearly planner that's not pictured and I used it as a journal to write down what I did each day of the week. I usually take 5 minutes on Sundays to write out the things I've done during the week referencing to my Palm Treo which has all my appointments and things I've done (events, daily happenings, etc).

Here's my two Moleskines: the bottom one was started on 04/04/07 and filled up on 11/02/07. The one I just filled up today was started on 11/08/07.

I placed a quote on my first moleskine [that usually matches the drawing on the cover] and did so on the ones succeeding it. The first reads:

"I never painted my dreams. I painted my own reality." - Frida Kahlo

The second one reads:

"Self expression must pass into communication for its fulfillment." - Pearl Buck, The Writer's Block
And now... my new Moleskine to start another collection of ideas, thoughts, and things to remember.

I'll go more into detail of what goes in and what I take from journaling, buying tips (Retails for $11.99! To me that's expensive for a small notebook) and also post up my newly drawn Moleskine.

No comments:

Search This Blog!