Friday, January 16, 2009

Boredom So I Cooked: "Potatoe-Crusted Salmon"

Woke up and decided to cook. I got this pretty cool cookbook even signed by the author and so I thought I'd put it to use.

"Hi! Can I have one salmon fillet please?
Added bonus: needed to try to Rice a Roni. I'm in Daly City/San Francisco and I haven't tried a box yet? Well today's the day. So many friggin choices but I settled on the wild rice kind.
Recipe calls for [boxed] potatoes and once again there's many choices.
Roasted Garlic and Parmesan. Mmm. I can taste the sodium already in these boxed goodies.
Got my ingredients and now we start. And yes, that little miracle machine to the top right is my Magic Bullet.
Double the water since I have two boxes in there and said "Frick!" since I thought I put too much. Turned out ok later. Also, there's 2 tablespoons of good ol butter.
Here's my jewel.
And bam! I dice that jewel with my matching Rachael Ray knife.
I give those lil guys a roll in the package of instant potatoes.
Rice is cooking. Potatoe-crusted salmon ready for action.
That's all goodness right there.
2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil to the pan. 2 minutes each side until crispy and golden.
Plating inspired by the real chefs of Food Network. Baby spinach to add some greens and what a beaut.
My girlfriend stops by before heading to work to taste my skills. A glass of pomegranite blueberry juice to wash it down as well.
My plate shortly after.
She took some to go for work's dinner. Delish.

No comments:

Search This Blog!