Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Behind the Scenes Photographer: Hopie Spitshard "Yummy" Directed by Patricio Ginelsa

So here I am 8:15am at the San Francisco location to start shooting Hopie Spitshard's video "Yummy" directed by Patricio Ginelsa of Kid Heroes Productions. This is my 3rd time doing behind the scenes still images for Pat and maybe this tops the amount of time I've been on the set--a bit over 12 hours!

I actually released all images to the cast and crew by providing a link in an email and was later notified by Pat to take them down as he doesn't want any images released. So I took them down right away and he told me I can post pics as long as it's literally behind the scenes--none of the scenes shot for the video I'm not allowed to show.

But we started out on Location #01 where shot for about 2 hours and there were DJ equipment everywhere. The 1st AD [assisting director] was telling me it was too tight to be in the shooting location but I managed to squeeze in and not be caught on camera.
Fast forward to 11:55pm and I'm eating this for lunch. [The "real" lunch didn't come til 2pm and that was worth the wait in itself!] But here I am taking a break and eating a bagel + cream cheese under the tent outside of Location #2 [a recording studio in SF].
Because I've been on set for Pat's 2 other videos, I'm a bit familiar on how a set progresses and the amount of equipment that is needed and people to help out.

There were so many people that for sure I didn't meet half of them! Otherwise, everyone worked well together and in my opinion, it ran pretty smooth as planned.

Here are 3 of the Big Four [I just came up with that.. since there were 4 people highly involved]. Pictured left is 1st AD Lawrence Iriarte, center is Director Patricio Ginelsa and right is Director of Photography Anthony Igancio.

A cameo appearance for the video, rapper Del the Funky Homosapien was present to give support.

1st AD Lawrence ensures that the whole production is on time and marks off the completed scenes on the panels.

Adriel Luis, a member of Ill-Literacy also did a cameo appearance for Hopie's video.

Hopie herself taking a break with a can of Redbull while taking a seat.

Del and Hopie pose real quick for the cam.

Shoot completed [8:15pm ish] and here I am with feet aching with director and friend Pat.

Part of that "Big Four" I mentioned [and missing from that picture] earlier is AJ Calomay of Xylophone Films, producer for the video.

And finally, I grab a shot with Hopie and congratulate her on the video and the hard day's work we all had.

Will post more pics here and my website once I get the greenlight. =)

2 comments:

Yasmine said...

Hi JJ, it's Yasmine, the BTS shooter. Great pictures! Hope to see more soon...

JJ Casas (jcasasphotography.com) said...

Hey Yasmine! Thanks for checking my blog out! Yea I'm waiting for Pat to greenlight me so I can release the images lol

Hope all is well! Give me a head's up now and then if you need help and all in the future!

JJ

Search This Blog!